Monday, April 24, 2006

Pilots are deserting IAF to join private airliners: Air Chief

New Delhi: Air Chief Marshal S P Tyagi has said the IAF is approaching the government to find ways to overcome the problem of pilots leaving the force to join private airliners.
"Yes, I am sure young people get attracted by fat pay scales that the commercial world has to offer. The commercial world always offers more salary than government service," Tyagi said in an interview to a private news channel.
The Air Chief said this phenonmenon of higher pay scales was not new but this time "perhaps the differential has increased, which is new."
"The first thing is they have to serve the IAF. That`s the contract for as long as I need them," he said, adding "now this is not a threat."
"I want them to earn money. If they want to go, I don`t have a problem. My problem is that I did not recruit sufficient pilots to take are of the boom in civil market. I recruited enough pilots that I needed.
He said the IAF was looking for some way out to overcome this problem. "We are approaching the government. We will try and look how will our conditions get better."
24/04/06 NewKerala.com
To Read the News in full at Source, Click the Headline

0 comments:

Post a Comment