Thursday, June 08, 2006

No Mahajan money in SpiceJet, ex-aide confesses

New Delhi: A former aide of Pramod Mahajan has repudiated reports that the late Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader helped in funding SpiceJet or that his money was parked in the airline.
Ajay Singh, the former Officer on Special Duty (OSD) to Mahajan when he was minister in the Atal Bihari Vajpayee government and currently director of India's newest start-up private airline SpiceJet, sought to set the record straight in an exclusive interview following allegations that he had a bitter falling out with Mahajan.
Singh said: "That is not true, I just charted my own course of action. Once the general election was over in 2004, I realised there was no role for me. There was pressure on me to get back to business and I helped start up the airline."
"The airline is a public listed company and the investors are well-known. As for me, my personal investment in the airline amounts to Rs 100 million," he said.
08/06/06 Times of India
To Read the News in full at Source, Click the Headline

0 comments:

Post a Comment