Saturday, November 25, 2006

When Abdullah Was Stripped Naked At A US Airport

Srinagar: Former Chief Minister Dr Farooq Abdullah says the next time he enters the US, he will wear nothing but banana leaves.
Sharing his experience with the US security and immigrations department at an American airport, and discussing their paranoia regarding Muslims, Abdullah said he was made to take off all his clothes as well as his shoes on one of his trips to the country.
“Some years ago, they (the Americans) peeled off my clothing. I even had to miss my flight despite having an Indian diplomatic passport,” said Abdullah here while participating in a discussion on noted journalist BG Verghese’s book ‘A J&K Primer: From Myth to Reality’. “My only fault was that an Iraqi visa was stamped on my passport.
I pleaded with them (the Americans), saying that my country (India) had relations with Iraq, as did the US, but in vein,” said Abdullah.
24/11/06 Kashmir Observer
To Read the News in full at Source, Click the Headline

0 comments:

Post a Comment