Thursday, April 19, 2007

Woman alleges losing passport at hands of AI employee

A woman on Wednesday claimed to have lost her passport at the hands of an Air India employee as she was preparing to board a plane to Canada, the same flight that BJP MP Babubhai Katara was to take before he was arrested.
"The lady at the Air India counter asked for my passport for clearance. She then said she wanted a copy of the passport and took it away while I was getting myself checked. When I later asked for the documents, she said she had lost it," alleged Simran, who works at a Delhi-based call centre and was supposed to go to Toronto on a leisure trip.
"I have asked Air India to issue a written apology to enable me to retrieve the passport. I have also registered an FIR with the police," Simran said.
She was to board the flight AI 187, the same that Katara, a BJP MP from Gujarat, was to take before he was arrested at the international airport here after he allegedly tried to take a woman to Canada on his wife's diplomatic passport.
18/04/07 PTI/Hindustan Times
To Read the News in full at Source, Click the Headline

0 comments:

Post a Comment