Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mopa movement non-political, says Fr Eremito


Margao:  Convenor of Goans for Dabolim Only Fr Eremito Rebello on Saturday said that neither the BJP nor the Congress has pushed him to take up the airport issue, but he has gone ahead with the movement with the blessings of Archbishop Filipe Neri Ferrao.
Speaking at a meeting at Betalbatim on Saturday, Fr Rebello said he had approached the Archbishop after his conscience did not permit him to maintain silence on government’s move to build the Mopa airport. “My Bishop told me to go ahead with the movement if my conscience says so. I have started this movement with the blessings of my Bishop. “The BJP thinks that I have been pushed into the movement by the Congress, while the Congress thinks that it was the BJP that has forced me to take up the issue”, he said adding that the decision not to invite MLAs or defeated candidates or panchas, to share the dais was taken so as not to give an impression that the movement is political.
He thundered that the ongoing movement against Mopa is not a political issue, but a social issue since closure of the Dabolim airport would spell doom for all business related to the Dabolim airport.
12/05/13 Herald
To Read the News in full at Source, Click the Headline